1. Mysteel Price Indices of China (MyspiC) is compiled from a weighted basket of steel prices. Compilation of MyspiC Indices takes into consideration both product-wise and region-wise steel consumption compositions in China.
The product-wise consumption composition is composed of weighted consumption of longs and flats; the region-wise consumption composition consists of weighted steel consumption from 7 regions, i.e. E. China (Shanghai), S. China (Guangzhou), M. S. China (Wuhan), N. China (Beijing), S. W. China (Chongqing), N. E. China (Shenyang) and N. W. China (Xi'an).
2. "Longs" refers to Rebar (20mm, HRB335Mpa) and Common Carbon High-Speed Wire Rod (6.5mm).
"Flats" refers to a combination of 4 steel products, i.e. common carbon steel plate (Q235, 20mm), HRC (SS400, 3.0mm), CR Sheet (SPCC, 1.0mm) and HDG (SPCC, 1.0mm).
3. MyspiC Indices are compiled from prevailing transaction prices in Shanghai, Guangzhou, Beijing, Wuhan, Chongqing, Shenyang and Xi'an, each seen as a benchmark market for the region it is located in.
4. July 2000 is designated as the benchmark point with fixed index value of 100. Weekly indices started as of July 2000, while monthly indices can be traced back to January 1997.
5. Transaction prices from which MyspiC Indices are compiled are obtained from two sources. Transaction prices dated after July 2000 are collected from Mysteel's daily price database; those dated from January 1997 to June 2000 are sorted out of reliable historical prices.
6. For the purpose of conciseness, the default MyspiC Indices table only presents 3 major region-wise indices for E. China (Shanghai), S. China (Guangzhou), N. China (Beijing), and 2 product-wise indices for rebar and HRC.
For further information, please visit us at www.Mysteel.net